Steven R. Wolfson, J.D., Ph.D., LL.M., M.P.A.
Dr. Wolfson received his B.A. in Government from The University of Texas at Austin; J.D. from St. Mary’s University School of Law; LL.M. (Master of Laws) from The University of Texas School of Law; M.P.A. (Master of Public Affairs) and Ph.D. in Public Policy and Political Economy from The University of Texas at Dallas. He earned the first Certificate of Latin American Studies – Spanish/Portuguese – ever conferred by Collin College. Dr. Wolfson’s dissertation, “Racial Profiling in Texas Department of Public Safety Traffic Stops: Race Aware or Race Benign?” is published in Vol. 8, The Scholar, St. Mary’s Law Review on Minority Issues, pg. 117 (Spring 2006).
Dr. Wolfson has served as an Attorney in the Office of Chief Counsel, United States Department of the Treasury for the Internal Revenue Service, and then as head of his own law firm practicing primarily civil and criminal tax controversies at the state and federal levels. He has taught law, economics, statistics, organizational ethics, and government for the University of Phoenix, Dallas County Community College District, and Collin College, and is retired from the Dallas Independent School District where, relying upon quantitative research methods, he evaluated effectiveness of federal, state, and private financial grants to the district. Dr. Wolfson teaches law and economics at Strayer University.
- Ph.D. Public Policy and Political Economy The University of Texas at Dallas
- M.P.A. (Master of Public Affairs) The University of Texas at Dallas
- LL.M. (Master of Laws) The University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- J.D. (Juris Doctor) St. Mary’s University School of Law
- Diploma in Latin American Studies – Spanish and Portuguese – Collin College
- B.A. Government The University of Texas at Austin
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals
- Fifth Circuit
- District of Columbia Circuit
- United States District Courts
- Northern District, Texas
- Eastern District, Texas
- Western District, Texas
- United States Tax Court
- United States Claims Court